Saturday, April 9, 2011

All of Creation...

  Right now I'm in The Great Smoky Mountains in Sevierville, Tenesee.

  I'm here to spend time with my extended family before we go to Swaziland.

  It's definitely a bittersweet experience. I love being here and seeing the absolute beauty of God's creativity around me. (and even climbing it (: )  But, it is also a very sad week, in that we must say goodbye to family and head off to adventures in Africa...

  I was recently listening to MercyMe's song, "All of Creation". It describes God's beautiful creation (of course) including His gorgeous nature (including the mountains we are surrounded by) and, of course, US. People!!!

  One of the lines in the song is "All of creation, sing with me now, lift up your voice and lay your burdens down." We have the duty, the priviledge to rejoice in God's absolute beauty!! We can stand on top of one of these towering mountains, spread our arms out wide, look up at the sky, and sing. Sing and praise the Lord.

  All of creation, join me in singing to our Lord. Praising him is what we were made to do!

  Of course, we should always remember this, but, these mountains, these gorgeous, towering, breathtaking mountains, give us a little bit more of a reminder.

  Thank you Lord, thank you for giving me the priviledge of being surrounded by these mountains to remind me that I need to praise you always....


2 comments: