Sunday, April 10, 2011

hard...

  You know, it's hard to move to another country. It's hard to say goodbye to your friends, your family, the people you love. It's hard to leave what you know. It's hard to get used to a new culture. It's hard to look to God in the midst of so much need.

  Yeah, it's hard. But that is NOT what matters. It doesn't matter if I have a hard time stomaching pap and beans, if I get peed (or even pooped) on by some kid(:, if I'm barely surviving 110 degree heat.

  No. No, no, no. That's HARDLY what matters. All of that is minuscule when I think about the reward from a soul saved. Even just one. The joy that I feel when I see someone accept Christ for the first time. Or the smile on an old woman's face as she receives a bed after sleeping on a straw mat for so long.

  These things are so much more important than the difficulty of it all. I hope I recognize that. I hope I focus on the good things. The HAPPY things.

  It's okay if it's hard--it's ALL worth it....
an evident example of one of those rewards, a child's humble smile....

8 comments:

  1. The best things in life are usually hard - that's what makes them great! Can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much scott, that means a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to future posts Claire! I added you to my google reader :)
    You have such maturity Claire, I'm so excited to see what more God has in store for you!
    Love Mary B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary!! I love this blogging thing(: I can see why mom does it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisi Claire ---

    I am so excited for you. I can't wait til my kids are one day writing about their upcoming move to Swaziland.

    I'll be following your blog and passing it on to my kids and via fb, too.

    Prayers and hamba kahle!
    Make Elysa "Thandeka Lom Khulu"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elysa! I'd appreciate that(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand EVERYTHING you are saying! Its so nice to have a friend my age that is a missionary, because I understand as do you that All of the hard stuff seems to go away when you look into a childs face and you can tell that THIS is what God wants you to do! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww!! that means so much emmy!! Thanks for brightening my day, so true!

    ReplyDelete