Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Week...

   Wow!! We leave in ONE WEEK. That is so crazy!!! Most of me is uber (sorry-still a teen(: ) excited to get there, and when people ask me if I'm nervous, or not ready to leave at all, I say no, I'm just REALLY ready.

   But really, that's not truth! I'm nervous, yeah! I'm not completely ready! I mean, HELLO! I'm leaving the only permanent home that I've ever known for two years and going somewhere I love, yes, but also don't know as well as I'd like to think I do.

   It's hard for me to say that, because I want it to be like I'm the calm, cool and collected one, but really, HA! Those three words aren't really in my internal dictionary at the moment...

   I've been packing up my room the last couple of days. Wow. That's hard. I'm sentimental--like EXTREMELY, so it's REALLY hard for me to let go of stuff. I kinda just like sit in the middle of my floor and cry. Ya know?

   And then I remember. My beloved Swaziland. Where kids are starving. People are sleeping on straw mats on dirt floors. Where my little Eme plays in a battered, torn, filthy dress. They're content. And then it's a little easier...

   This is a lot for me to put out for people to see, but that's ok. I want you guys to know I'm pouring out my heart here, and I WANT you to see that. I want you to see what's going on inside this heart of mine...

   Thanks for being there guys.
  
                I love you.






a gorgeous little baby at a carepoint, photo cred--Dan Luyk

1 comment:

  1. I love the last picture! So cute!
    Hope you have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete