Sunday, May 1, 2011

Coming Home

   Well, we're here. It's so surreal to finally be here! Yet, in another sense, it's like coming home. In a very, very good way.

   Friday was the first day we visited the Center. I thought I would be very emotional, but really, it was like falling into the routine I knew I always belonged in. I saw my Eme. (see my mom's blog post thanks in giving) I thought for sure I would cry my eyes out when I saw her beautiful face, but again, it was just the norm.

   My time in the states was only a short break from what I know is my true home. Seeing faces, going places that I remember. This is home.

   I'm coming home.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are home! I know exactly how you feel. Can't wait til I'm there for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited to meet you! i love all these swazi-connected people that i will soon meet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dear Claire,

    I would be remiss if I did not follow your blog. The apple did not fall far from the Jen Tree in your writing. I will try to read all, promise to reply to some, and your family will always be in my prayers.

    Safety & Blessings,

    Mr. Fergus - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Alex. That last sunday when we were at beechwwod, the only four words you said to me were "you are amazing Claire" those are the only four words i remember anyone saying that day...thank you.

    ReplyDelete