Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nat

   In the past few months, God has had a way of providing different people for me to get me through. Get me through what you ask? One word. Transition. The past year has basically been moving from place to place and never really having a place to call "home".

   When we were here the first time, it was the Real Life team. Alison, Amy, Patrice, Natalie, Emma, Brie, Emily, Rachel, Mere, Dauna, Michelle and Eleisha were a HUGE part of what got me through the three months I had in Nsoko.

   Whether I was feeling homesick, or just lost, I knew I could talk to them, and that they would understand, pray for me, talk with me, anything I needed.

   For the months that we were home it was Sara, my beautiful, wonderful second cousin, and very good friend.

   When we went out to New Jersey this February to visit and say goodbye to my Grandma and Grandpa, Sara and I grew much closer than we've ever been.

   And now, now that I'm back in my amazing Nsoko, yes, home, but still a little bit surreal, and still I'm a bit unstable, I have Nat.

   Nat is on the World Race a group touring 11 countries in 11 months to do mission work and see God moving throughout the world.(learn more here)

   Her and 5 other team members arrived Friday night and will be staying in Nsoko for 1 month.

   When I first saw Nat, I knew I would love her. She is bubbly and cute, and is totally on fire for God.

   Sunday, we went to church, and on the way back home, we talked. I totally got the sense that I could tell her anything. She is amazing.

   I feel like whenever I need a girl friend (in the next month anyway :) ) I can go to her.

   How amazing is it that God has just been providing these people for me, whenever I need them most.

   Thanks Jesus, for showing me yourself in these amazing people, and especially right now, Nat.

(This is a month late, but still so true(: )

4 comments:

  1. God has a way of providing exactly the people we need wherever we are in life; I'm a witness to that myself. I love your blog, and I love what you are doing as a missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! You're Elysa's daughter's friend, correct? Thanks again(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love You Claire, we need to talk soon:)
    and this article is beautiful, you have a way of putting words down on paper<3
    ~Wondergem

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad God is giving you who you need when you need them. And btw, I just saw one of your "people" this week....PATRICE! She was at the AIM base when we dropped Anna off for training camp.

    And what great God timing. Just about the time that Nat and her team are leaving, God will be sending the Swazi team with Chandler from Mississippi and Lindsay (LuLu) from Cali who were both on Anna's 2009 Swazi team and are both incredibly sweet, beautiful, young women of God.

    ReplyDelete