Sunday, December 18, 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

   I don't know about y'all, but, in my opinion, there is absolutely no one more pleasant to listen to than Chris Martin of Coldplay. He has the most amazing voice, and I literally could listen to him all day.

   Don't worry, this entire blog won't be me ranting about my celebrity crush.(: No, this blog is a little deeper than that(:

  Coldplay ties into my blog in that, at the moment, I am listening to 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas', which Chris Martin is singing.

   Those of you who read my last blog know that at that point, I was feeling a little sorry for myself. Sad because I wasn't going to be able to spend my very favorite time of year with some of my very favorite people.

   Since then, I have been extremely blessed by our wonderful Father.

   Oh yes people, you absolutely can't out-give God, which I am reminded of by my daddy a lot (my earthly daddy..to be clear =] ) but had not really accepted until I saw some of the tangible examples of it in my own life.

  The point of the saying, or whatever, is that, even if we give a little bit, whether it be our time, ourselves, our posessions, God will always deliver. Even if we think that giving something like our money will debilitate us, he will give us what we need. Our God is Jehovah Jirah, the God who provides.

   Like I said, there have been many times this week especially where this has been evident. I have only in the last couple days sat back and reflected on the specific moments where it has been portrayed, but there have been many instances.

   For example, the camping trip I went on this past week with our South African Grandmas and Grandpa. We went to Badplaas, South Africa and spent and amazing 8 days swimming in the waterpark that was part of the resort we camped at, enjoying the sun, and just resting and relaxing. It was such a gift to be able to spend some time away and get to know Elsabe, Waldemor and Celma, the amazingly wonderful people that brought us, better.

   Another example is the R20,000 (about $2500!!) we received toward our crazy truck from an anonymous donor at our church. Our Land Cruiser has had so many problems and we have put so much money into it and this is truly a blessing from the Lord.

   Thirdly, there's our new puppy, Becker. He is so beautiful. He is bringing a joy to our family that comes when someone else is added to the family (even if he is a furry friend =] )

   I know there are so many more individual gifts that God has given me and our family, but these are the three large ones that I have reflected on. I don't think I will ever lose the joy and excitement that Christmas brings, no matter the circumstance, my age, our even what country I'm in.

   Ok Chris, I will have a merry little Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are having a merry little Christmas!

    ReplyDelete