Friday, December 28, 2012

Never Lose the Joy

  I wrote this on Christmas...but, in true Africa form, the power was out {just as daddy was putting Christmas dinner in the oven, mind you} and then I was having such a hard time uploading the pictures...but now, however many days later, I shall post it(;


  Have you ever noticed that Christmas Eve always turns out being way better than actual Christmas day? That childlike excitement and eagerness that, let’s face it, we all feel to some degree, always seems to surpass the real life Christmas day that follows.

  I seem to always make up these blogs as I go along.

  So bear with me. J (seriously, how often do I say that?)

  Anywayy…yeah…doesn’t it seem like that’s how it goes?

  It shouldn’t be, I don’t think. First of all, I believe we should always have a humble heart, that we should not grow a spirit of greed. That we should so appreciate everything we have…and not grow materialistic and greedy. But also, when we really, really think about the day and event that we celebrate on Christmas day….
 

  Jesus was born!

  The savior of the world!

    God incarnate.

  Here on earth.

  We should be dancing through the streets and shouting the good news from the rooftops!

  Excitement shouldn’t be an afterthought in the sense of Christmas day and the Christmas season and all that it represents, rather, it should be something we can’t ignore! Something that bubbles up inside of us and can’t be surpressed. Something we must share.

  At the same time, however, I believe there should always be some sense of anticipation all the time. Not leading up to a climax on Christmas day, but leading up to the day that He, Jesus, comes again!

  And all will be set right.

  I guess, to tie it all together, what I’m trying to say is this:

 Though the joy and anticipation and excitement we feel leading up to Christmas should come to its peak on Christmas, and though we should celebrate that joyous day fervently and jubilantly, there is a deeper sense of urgency, anxiousness even, for that baby that was born, for whom we celebrate Christmas, to return. To make ‘a new heaven and a new earth’.

  We should always live in readiness for his return, and live for him, and for the assurance that he will come again., all the while telling others about this good news, in hopes that they will feel the joy of his beautiful first coming, and the excitement for his approaching second coming.

   Maybe I’m not making sense, but I trust the Holy Spirit to speak into your hearts what I am trying to say, and that you would understand my gibberish and be touched by it. In some way(:

  Never lose your joy, and your excitement, and tell the world!


  Merry Christmas.






 
 
 





1 comment:

  1. You in Africa probably have summer... If I'm not wrong.
    Now, I wish You happy and full of blessigns New Year.

    ReplyDelete